Same Destination – Different Paths
With every project being considered for an Aqua Tech System, planners must consider many factors in the selection of an appropriate site specific wastewater collection system.
- Housing density and road frontage
- Size of the project and wastewater volume to be conveyed
- Topography and sensitive natural resources
- Depth to bedrock or groundwater
- Distance to the wastewater treatment and dispersal site
During the design process of your system the following methods should be considered:
- Conventional gravity systems (with lift stations as required)
- Septic Tank Effluent Gravity (STEG) system (AKA small diameter gravity sewers)
- Septic Tank Effluent Pump (STEP) pressure system
- Grinder pump pressure sewer system
These collection or conveyance systems often represent the major portion of the total capital cost associated with any wastewater system, so careful consideration should be made to avoid extraneous expense while also ensuring reliability and environmental compliance.
Pingback: Wastewater Treatment | What Does Wastewater Treatment Do?
Pingback: Biological Reactor in Wastewater Treatment - Community Sewer Systems